Toys overrunning your home and rooms? One of my most frustrating things to keep clean is my daughter’s room. It is like a toy explosion in there all the time. Whether it be your child’s bedroom or playroom you will be able to organize in a cinch with all of these great toy storage options and solutions.
Organizing solutions for your kids clutter!
Bed with Storage | DIY Network
Bucket Storage | The Polo House
Wood Storage Bins | IronTimber Etsy
Toy Storage Unit | Shanty 2 Chic
Underbed Storage | DIY Cozy Home
Outdoor Toy Storage | Domestic Charm
Wall of Buckets | Grosgrain Fabulous
Glass Kitchen Bins | HGTV
Garden Planter Baskets | Apartment Therapy
Cubbie Shelves | Ana White
Dollhouse Bookcase | Land of Nod
Storage Bench | I Heart Organizing
Tips on organizing with kids!
- View it from your child’s point of view! The easier to organize the better.
- Don’t make things out of their reach unless of course you want to constantly be asked “Mommy, can you get that for me.”
- Baskets and bins are great for toys.
- Use appropriate sized containers to fit your needs. Plastic shoe boxes are awesome for Barbie accessories or hot wheels.
- Make picking up a part of your daily routine! That way you don’t start the next day with more toys that get piled on the top of the mess from the previous day.
I also truly believe if we make it fun and easy for our kids to organize their toys it will become second nature. I know I like my craft storage much better when it is organized and pretty to look at.
Here are some of the solutions we use in my daughter’s room.
We use a over-the-door shoe holder for barbies. It works great!
We store books and all kinds of random toys in bins and cubbies.
My daughter also loves to play dress up and has a lot of dress up outfits. We store them in a metal trash can. It makes it easy to toss in the mess and close the lid on it.
What are some of your favorite ways to store all the toy clutter?