Just a couple more weeks out until the 4th of July. Whether you are planning on a get together with family and friends or hitting up your local fireworks there is almost always food involved. We like to pack a batch of our favorite 4th of July snack, patriotic popcorn. It is just about the easiest snack you can make.
- Popcorn (I used 2 bags)
- Almond Bark / White Chocolate
- Red, White & Blue Sprinkles / Jimmies
- Red & Blue Mini M&M's
- Pop your bags of popcorn and spread out on a cookie sheet. Melt your almond bark or white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave, whichever you prefer.
- Once the chocolate is melted spread around the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the mini m&m's and sprinkles/jimmies all over.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and set up.
If you love chocolate and popcorn, like myself, you will love this yummy snack. It is fun for kids to eat because it’s colorful and well a little messy. It is also fun for kids to help you make since it is so simple. You can do the chocolate melting and pouring and let the kiddos have fun sprinkling on the candies.
Check back Wednesday when I show you how I turned the thrifted ice bucket (above) into a cute popcorn bowl.
Have you ever made patriotic popcorn before?