This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Chiquita Banana. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love healthy smoothies whether it is in the morning, noon or night. I like to have them before I work out because they are great for energy or sometimes even for lunch. I submitted this one to the Chiquita Cooking Lab contest.
I got lucky to have a kid who loves fruits and vegetables. Crazy right?! However, I know there are tons of moms who fight there kids to eat anything that looks like a fruit, smells like a vegetable or the color green. The struggle is real folks! There is also one other thing I know and it is that kids love ice cream and sweet stuff. We don’t have to tell them that the sweet and creamy stuff is really just a bunch of fruits or vegetables blended up. So if you are looking for a way to add fruits or veggies into your kids diet (or even your own, picky eaters) then having a creamy and delicious smoothie is definitely the way to go. One of my favorite recipes is this apple, banana and oat smoothie.
- 1 Apple (whichever kind you like best)
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup Oats (Old Fashioned)
- ½ Cup Milk
- 3-4 Cubes of Ice
- (If you freeze the banana you can omit the ice cubes.)
- Chop up the apple and banana. I leave the peeling on the apple but if you choose you can peel the apple first.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy! This amount is enough for 1 glass worth, double if you are sharing or to not overwhelm your blender just make them separately.
If you are into making your own healthy smoothies or other healthy recipes that include bananas then be sure to check out the #ChiquitaCookingLab contest. The contest runs from September 29th through November 24th. If you are lucky enough you could win one of their awesome prizes which include a winner chosen each week to win $4000. I’m down! Also, four other random winners will be chosen each week to recieve a Chiquita gift bag. Contest entry is easy! Simply enter your recipe here! You can also use the official Chiquita FanFun app to enter as well.
What are your favorite healthy smoothies recipe?