This post contains affiliate links.
I am lucky enough to live pretty close to where I can pick up some of the best homemade Amish apple butters without having to spend time in the kitchen prepping for a all day cook-a-thon.
However I would be missing one delicious thing and that would be the smell of it cooking. The scent of apples are my favorite to begin with so mixing apples with cinnamon and brown sugar and all that yumminess is heavenly.
It’s like a big ole pot of fall. If you haven’t made homemade apple butter then what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen but don’t forget your apple peeler and corer.
- 4 Lbs. Apples (Peeled and Chopped)
- 2 Cups Apple Cider
- 1 Cup (Packed) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of Kosher Salt
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and let cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- Puree the mixture with an immersion blender or regular blender until smooth.
- Transfer the apple butter into mason jars or an airtight container. It is good in the fridge for approximately 2 weeks.
This apple butter is so delicious and great on all sorts of things from biscuits and toast to pancakes and waffles.
I made it in my new slow cooker and it turned out the best yet. If you are looking for a slow cooker upgrade or don’t own one of your own already you should definitely check out the Hamilton Beach Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker.
I love that it has a locking lid so that I can just take the whole slow cooker on the go. That is perfect for parties or game nights.