It is a few days after the first but it is never to late to make a good ole paper chain advent calendar. Still plenty of days to count down. My daughter has done lots different advent calendars from Hallmark radios and North Pole communicators to Lego Advent calenders but our favorites are always the old fashion paper chain. This is the type that I always had as a kid growing up and it was so exciting watching the chain get shorter and shorter.
- Construction Paper (red and green, 2 sheets each)
- Bell (CLICK HERE TO PRINT)
- Hole Punch
1. Print and cut out your bell.
2. Cut out your strips of paper.
3. Attach the first piece of paper using a stapler onto the bell.
4. Continue to attach the rest of the pieces using a stapler, switching up the colors as you go along.
5. Punch a hole into the top of the bell and attach string.
6. Countdown to Christmas by removing a strip of paper each day.
How do you and your family countdown to Christmas?
Looking for another Christmas craft idea?
Want more of the Crafting with Kids! series? You can find all of the ones posted here. Plus check back every Saturday for a new one.