This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RO*TEL & VELVEETA . All opinions are 100% mine.
During this time of year there are two staples that are always in my home, RO*TEL and VELVEETA. You can’t have game nights without the number one queso. It just so happens that when I make RO*TEL and VELVEETA queso I grab enough to make one of my all time favorite winter soups, cheesy potato soup.
- 1 Can Of Rotel (Do not drain!)
- 1 lb. Velveeta (cubed)
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 12 oz bag of Broccoli (approx 1 crown)
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- Peel and cube your potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes until tender. This will take approximately 30 mins.
- Steam your broccoli while you are waiting for the potatoes to boil. I just buy a bag that you can steam in the microwave.
- Also while you are waiting mix the rest of the ingredients together mushroom soup, Rotel, sour cream, and Velveeta and heat through melting the cheese.
- Once the potatoes are tender gently mash them. Do not fully mash into mashed potatoes!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot, stir and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
It makes a huge pot so you will have plenty to entertain your guests or like us to eat for leftovers the next night.
Like I said, you can’t have game night without RO*TEL and VELVEETA. It truly is the star of the party and the star of my potato soup. The RO*TEL makes it zesty and the VELVEETA makes it creamy. The mix of both is super yummy and well you can’t get any easier than adding the two together and heating it up. I like to use my small slow cooker, works perfect for dips and making Queso For All.