It is almost that time of the year. The time that McDonald’s comes out with one of my favorite things, the shamrock shake. The problem is I like shamrock shakes all year long so what is a girl to do the rest of the year? Make homemade ones of course. Today I am sharing with you a copycat shamrock shake recipe just in time for the St. Patrick’s Day holiday coming up soon.
- 4 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon green food color
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Mix ice cream, milk, peppermint and food coloring in a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
- You can top with whipped cream if you prefer. I also only add approximately 10 drops or so of food coloring. It doesn't make it super green but that is just a personal preference.
I love that I can enjoy my shake anytime of the year without having to wait around for the Shamrock Shake to come out. Especially when it’s freezing out and not really in the mood for ice cream or anything cold for that matter. I hope you decide to make one. I love comments so let me know what you think!
If you enjoy St. Patrick’s Day treats you can check out my St. Patrick’s Day treats Pinterest board or even more yummy drinks.