I thought since the scarecrow and pumpkin went over so well with getting more than 60k+ repins between the both of them then it was time to do another one. It is clear that they are some of the most favorite kid crafts we have done. St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner so I hope that you will enjoy crafting this super cute popsicle stick leprechaun with your kiddos this weekend or next.
Popsicle Sticks (9)
Craft Paint (orange, black, peach, green and yellow)
Card stock / Cardboard
1. Start off by using craft glue to glue on your craft sticks, 8 of them, to your card stock or cardboard. It really doesn’t matter what you use for the backing just as long as it is strong enough to support the sticks. Also make sure that you cut your backing so that it’s not longer or wider than the Popsicle sticks. Let dry!
2. Attach the additional Popsicle stick to the front creating the rim of the hat.
3. Using the peach craft paint, paint the bottom portion (below the hat rim) so that you can create his face.
4. Using the green craft paint, paint the top portion. This will be the leprechauns hat.
5. We used a stipple (or stamper) style brush and painted on the orange for his beard. You don’t have to use this style brush but we felt like it gave the beard a more “realistic” look.
6. Now that you have his beard done you can paint on the rest of his face and attach his wiggly eyes.
7. The final painting step is to paint on a belt and buckle to his hat.
8. Lastly, attach a magnet to the back of your leprechaun. We used one .75 inch adhesive magnet to hold it up.
I love comments! Let me know if you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
Want more of the Crafting with Kids! series? You can find all of the ones posted here. Plus check back every Saturday for a new one.